On June 12, 2013, the Purchasing Management Association of Canada (PMAC) will hold its 2013 Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Ottawa, Ontario. At this meeting, the members of the PMAC National Board of Directors will be elected and appointed.
The Nominating & Governance Committee is required to prepare a slate of Directors for confirmation by the membership at the AGM.
The Nominating & Governance Committee is now issuing a Call for Expression of Interest in serving on the PMAC National Board of Directors:
- Individuals interested in serving on the PMAC National Board of Directors must formally indicate their interest.
- There is one (1) position to be filled:
One Director (Elected Director) who is a member in good standing of the Association, to be elected from the membership for a 3-year term.
- Submissions for this position must be formally submitted on the PMAC Call for Expression of Interest Forms #AD-33A (Word doc, 226.5 KB) and #AD-33B (Word doc, 229.5 KB).
- A bio sheet (Word doc, 127 KB) – including questions on your qualifications, PMAC priorities and the future of the profession – must also be completed and submitted along with a recent photo (jpeg, 300 dpi, head and shoulders shot, colour). This information will be distributed to the membership electronically (subject to a successful background check) and posted on the PMAC web site as part of the voting information package.
- Candidates are requested to read the attached duties (PDF, 18.67 KB) (and responsibilities of a PMAC Board Director and be aware that there is an expectation that Board Directors will serve on Board Committees. Candidates must have the support of their employer to take up the position and agree to the time commitment involved by signing the attached Form #AD-33A.
- Inclusion on the slate of directors is subject to a successful third-party background check.
- Candidates are requested to indicate agreement to undergo the third-party background check by signing Form AD-#33A.
- In the event that the background check is unsuccessful, the sponsoring Institute would be informed.
- Candidate professional/education credentials will be verified with the relevant Provincial/Territorial Institutes and with the relevant educational institutions.
- Submissions must be received no later than Friday, March 15, 2013.
- Election and confirmation of appointment for this position will be held at the AGM by the general membership.
A position on the National Board of Directors offers individuals an opportunity to contribute to the mission, vision and strategic goals of PMAC and to contribute to the advancement of the supply chain management profession. All Expressions of Interest will be held in strict confidence and will be confirmed upon receipt.